The Center for State and Local Government Excellence (SLGE) recently released the following trends that state and local governments should keep an eye on in the upcoming year:
- Younger employees will dominate the workforce.
- Recruiting and retaining employees will be a top concern.
- Governments need a succession plan.
- More governments are hiring.
- Most pension plans are making modest progress to improve funding.
- How confident are state and local workers about retirement.
- About 25 percent of state and local employees are not covered by social security.