A recent research study discussed in the Harvard Business Review tested the impact that a women’s networking event had on attendees during the year after the event. Highlights of the results were as follows:
- Attendees were twice as likely to receive a promotion.
- Attendees were three times more likely to receive a pay increase of 10% or more.
- 78% of attendees reported feeling “more optimistic about the future.”
- 71% of the attendees reported that they “feel more connected to others.”
- 29% of attendees reported that they “agree a lot” with the statement “I feel happier.”
- 25% of attendees reported that they “agree a lot” with the statement “I feel more capable of handling stress in a positive way.”
While this research focused on women that attended one event – Conference for Women – it provides encouraging evidence to the power of networking when it comes to career advancement and satisfaction.