- Anne Lewis, executive search consultant for Springsted, Inc., and former deputy city manager for Harrisonburg, has been appointed assistant county administrator for Loudoun County effective June 21.
- Brian Thrower, city manager for Emporia for the past 10 years, has been appointed town manager for Smithfield effective early July.
- Tyrone Franklin, Surry County administrator since 2005, has resigned from that position effective October 1.
- Greg Kelly, former Abingdon town manager, has accepted the position of business development manager for McGill Associates.
- Graham Michael "Mickey" Newman, former Bluefield and Abingdon town manager and Norton city manager, passed away at the age of 75.
- Robert (Bob) Sisson, Fairfax city manager since 1991, announced his retirement effective July 1.
- Charles Hartgrove, former Lynchburg deputy city manager, has been appointed by Gov. Northam as chief deputy commissioner of the Virginia taxation department.
- Marvin Collins, Williamsburg city manager since 2015, resigned. Assistant city manager Andrew Trivette has been appointed interim manager.
- Carl Boggess, Bedford County administrator since 2016, announced his intent to retire at the end of the year.
- Reid Wodicka, assistant county administrator for Bedford County since August, 2016, has been appointed Lynchburg deputy city manager, effective June 13.
- Shannon Flanagan-Watson, assistant manager for Arlington County, has been appointed deputy manager there effective May 21.
- Jason Tyree, property maintenance supervisor for the city of Lynchburg's community development department, has been appointed town manager for Buchanan effective June 18.
- Maurice Jones, city manager for Charlottesville for the past 8 years, did not have his contract renewed by city council, effective December 7.
- Cody Sexton, management assistant for Botetourt County, has been promoted to assistant to the county administrator there.
- Greg Kelly, Abingdon town manager, resigned effective May 7; police chief Tony Sullivan has been appointed interim town manager.
- Charles Hartgrove, deputy city manager for Lynchburg since 2016, resigned. Mike Goetz, information technology director, has been appointed acting deputy city manager.
- Trevor Henry, director of the office of facilities and environmental services for Albemarle County, has been appointed assistant county executive there.
- Katherine (Katie) Nunez, former Northampton County administrator, has been appointed deputy director of planning and zoning for Accomack County.
- Matt Lawless, former Boones Mill town manager, has been appointed town manager for Scottsville.
- David Mekarski, former manager for the Village of Olympia Fields, Illinois, has been appointed town manager for Purcellville.
- Beverly Thomas "B.T." Fitzpatrick III, formerly a GIS Client Advocate at Anderson and Associates, Inc., and a city planner/GIS analyst for Roanoke, has been appointed town manager for Boones Mill.
- Jay Stegmaier, who retired as Chesterfield County administrator in 2016 after a 37 year career with the County, has joined the Berkley Group as an executive manager.
- Peter Stephenson, town manager for Smithfield, announced his retirement, effective June 30.
- Quinn Robertson, a local resident and member of the Planning Commission, has been appointed town manager for Colonial Beach.
- R. B. Clark, Charlotte County administrator for the past 37 years, announced his retirement effective June 30.
- Brent Manuel, town manager for Cape Charles since 2015, announced that he is stepping down from that post on April 6. Assistant town manager Bob Panek will be the interim town manager.
- Shannon Scott, Wise County administrator, was terminated. David Cox, finance director, was appointed interim administrator.
- Steve Burke, public works director for the city of Manassas and former town manager for Front Royal, has been appointed Luray town manager.
- Randy Wingfield, Christiansburg assistant town manager, and interim manager since April 2017, has been appointed town manager there effective March 12.
- Mark Reeter, administrator for King William County, resigned. Deputy administrator and finance director, Bobbie Tassinari, has been appointed administrator.
- March Altman, deputy city manager for Petersburg, has been appointed city manager for Hopewell, effective February 5.
- Carol Steele, parks, recreation and tourism director for Gloucester County, has been appointed assistant county administrator for community services there.
- Bret Schardein, director of community development for Powhatan County, has been appointed assistant county administrator there, effective February 1.
- Dan Collins, former VDOT regional administrator and 25 year veteran of Virginia local government, has been appointed Craig County administrator.
- Eric Campbell, assistant city manager for Dallas, Texas, has been appointed city manager for Harrisonburg, effective January 16, 2018.
- James Noffsinger, former Campbell County administrator, passed away at the age of 86.
- John Anzivino, former county and town administrator, and Vice President for Springsted, Inc., has been appointed interim manager for the town of Purcellville.
- William C. (Bill) Porter, former James City County deputy administrator, and acting interim since his retirement, has been appointed interim James City County administrator.
- Sara Carter, Cumberland County planning and zoning administrator, and member of the Board of Supervisors for Appomattox County, has been appointed town manager for Amherst, effective January 10, 2018.
- Matt Lawless, town manager for Boones Mill since June, 2015, has announced his departure from that post pending hiring of his successor.
- Michelle Gowdy, acting executive director and general counsel for the Virginia Municipal League, has been appointed executive director there.
- Garrey Curry, Jr., deputy administrator for Gloucester County, has been appointed Rappahannock County administrator effective January 1, 2018.
- Laura Fitzpatrick, assistant city manager for Hampton, has been appointed deputy city manager for Chesapeake, effective December 11.
- Bryan Hill, James City County administrator since September, 2014, has been appointed Fairfax County executive effective January 2, 2018.
- Mike Duty, long-time manager for the town of Lebanon, was terminated. Jackie Hubbard, finance director, has been appointed interim manager.
- Todd Walters, assistant town engineer for Christiansburg, has been appointed manager for the town of New Market effective November 6.
- Valmarie Turner, community services director for Seminole County, FL, has been appointed assistant administrator for Loudoun County.
- Brian Henshaw, former town manager for Haymarket, has been appointed planning and zoning director for Shenandoah County.
Peter Huber, retired Pulaski County administrator, has been appointed interim manager for the town of Amherst.
Jeffrey Richardson, administrator for Cleveland County, NC since 2013, has been appointed Albemarle County administrator effective November 6.
Danny Davis, Purcellville assistant town manager, has been appointed president of One Loudoun center, a senior living facility.
John Anzivino, senior vice president with Springsted Inc., and a former Virginia town manager and county administrator, announced his retirement.
Bob Cowell, deputy city manager for Amarillo, Texas, has been appointed city manager for Roanoke.
Mark Haley, city manager for Hopewell, announced his retirement effective September 1.
Bart Warner, interim town manager for Bedford, has been appointed manager there.
Jack Hobbs, Amherst town manager since 1992, has been appointed Madison County administrator.
Val Foulds, town manager for Colonial Beach since 2008, was terminated.
Bruce Bentley, Washington County administrator from 1990 to 1995, passed away at the age of 85.
Scott Loggan, former Scott County administrator, is battling multiple myeloma (bone cancer).
Charles Dane, assistant city manager for Hopewell, has been appointed interim manager there.
Tabitha Crowder, Bristol city manager since June, 2014, was terminated. Randy Eads, Bristol city attorney, has been appointed interim manager there.
Brenda Garton, former Frederick County administrator, has been appointed interim administrator for Rappahannock County.
Rob Lohr, former town manager for Purcellville, has signed on with the Berkley Group.
Gary Shanaberger, business analyst for the Longwood Small Business Development Center, has been appointed town manager for Appomattox effective August 1.
Kirk Kincannon, executive director of the Fairfax County Park Authority, has been named interim county executive for Fairfax County beginning September 16, following the retirement of Ed Long the prior day.
Charlie Hoke, town manager for Luray since 2013, and previously, director of utilities, announced his retirement effective July 31.
Joseph Waltz, interim town manager and electric utilities director for Front Royal, has been named town manager there.
Mike Taylor, Saltville town manager since 2010, passed away after a year-long battle with cancer.
Jim Bourey, former Newport News city manager, has joined the firm of McGill Associates.
Brenda Garton, Frederick County administrator since May, 2015, resigned.
Debbie Keyser, Rappahannock County administrator since May, 2016, resigned.
Kris Tierney, assistant county administrator for Frederick County since 2000, and deputy administrator since 2016, has been appointed interim administrator there.
William L. (Bill) Shepley, an executive consultant to hospitals and the healthcare industry, has been appointed Grayson County administrator, effective July 10.
Aretha Ferrell-Benavides, city manager for Glenn Heights, Texas, has been appointed Petersburg city manager.
Gary Shanaberger, a business analyst at Longwood University’s Small Business Development Center, has been appointed manager for the town of Appomattox.
Douglas L. Smith, interim city manager for Norfolk since December, 2016, has been appointed manager there.
William H. (Bill) Ashton II, interim town manager for Herndon since February, has been appointed manager there.
- Zach Trogdon, Charles City County administrator since 2012, has been appointed executive director of the Williamsburg Area Transit Authority effective mid-June.
Ed Long, Fairfax County executive since 2012, and a County employee for almost 40 years, announced his retirement effective September 15.
Wyatt Pearson, planning and zoning administrator for the town of Strasburg since 2014, has been appointed manager there.
Lee Catlin, assistant executive for Albemarle County, and a 25 year county employee, has announced her retirement effective November 1.
Alex Vanegas, public works director for the town of Purcellville, has been appointed interim manager there.
Robert (Rob) Ritter, former Chincoteague town manager, has been appointed manager for the town of Dumfries effective May 15.
Laszlo Palko, Lovettsville town manager for the past 2.5 years, has been appointed city manager for Manassas Park.
A. Reese Peck, former Essex County administrator, has been appointed Bowling Green town manager.
Ryan Spitzer, Strasburg town manager, has announced that he is leaving that post effective May 3rd to become town manager for Pineville, NC.
Steve Biggs, Christiansburg town manager since July, 2016, died of a self-inflicted wound. Assistant town manager Randy Wingfield, has been appointed interim town manager.
Charlie Kolakowski, town manager for Bedford for the past 11 years, has been appointed Northampton County administrator, effective May 22.
Bart Warner, assistant town manager for Bedford, has been appointed interim manager there.
Rob Lohr, Purcellville town manager for the past 25 years, has announced that he will retire from that post effective July 1.
Michael Mason, finance director and acting administrator for Accomack County, has been appointed administrator there.
Jim Bourey, city manager for Newport News since 2013, resigned. Cindy Rohlf, assistant city manager, was appointed acting city manager.
Sanford (Sandy) Wanner, retired James City County administrator, and veteran of multiple interim assignments, has been appointed interim executive director for the Newport News/Williamsburg Airport Commission.
Diane Hyatt, 30 year Roanoke County employee, including assistant administrator from 2009 until her retirement in 2012, passed away.
Dan Campbell, Madison County administrator, has announced his intention to retire effective September 1.
Cindy Rohlf, acting city manager for Newport News, has been appointed city manager there.
Ted Voorhees, former Fayetteville, NC city manager, has been appointed Powhatan County administrator.
William (Bill) O'Brien, retired, long-time Rockingham County administrator, and current Virginia Resources Authority chairman, passed away.
Mark Reeter, former Bedford County and Washington County administrator, has been appointed King William County administrator, effective March 1.
Kurt Hodgen, city manager for Harrisonburg since 2007, has announced his retirement, effective October 31.
Chris Morrill, city manager for Roanoke since 2010, is leaving that post to become executive director of the Government Finance Officers Association, effective May 1.
John Rowe, former Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Emporia city manager, has been sworn in as mayor of Portsmouth.
Art Anselene, town manager for Herndon since 2007, and, prior to that, parks and recreation director for 30 years, has announced his retirement effective February 28.
Dennis Carney, planning and zoning administrator for the town of Windsor, has been appointed manager/clerk for the town of Keysville. He is Keysville's first town manager.
Jim Chandler, assistant city manager for Caribou, Maine, has been appointed deputy town manager for public works for the town of Amherst.
Jack Berry, former Hanover County administrator, CEO for Venture Richmond, and Richmond mayoral candidate, has been appointed interim assistant city manager for Petersburg.
Bill Ashton, information technology director for the town of Herndon, has been appointed interim manager there.
Robert (Bob) O'Neill, former ICMA executive director, Fairfax County executive, and Hampton city manager, has joined Davenport & Company.
Joshua Farrar, deputy manager and interim manager for the town of Ashland, has been appointed manager there.
Clarence Monday, recently retired administrator for Pittsylvania County, has been appointed interim manager for the town of Appomattox.
Douglas Smith, city manager for Margate, Florida, has been appointed city manager for Colonial Heights, effective in March.
Rebecca "Becky" Dickson, former deputy administrator for Chesterfield County and administrator for Goochland County, passed away after a valiant battle with cancer.
Doug Fawcett, Fredericksburg's director of public works since 1997, and a CAO in several localities prior to that, has been appointed assistant city manager there.
Ande Banks, acting deputy city manager for Harrisonburg the past 7 months, has been appointed deputy manager there.
John H. Hughes IV, Children's Services Act coordinator for the city of Lynchburg, has been appointed assistant city manager there.
Neiman Young, currently a company commander for the US Army at Ft. Bragg, NC, has been appointed administrator for King George County.
Tom Foley, Albemarle County executive since 2011, and deputy there for 11 years, has been appointed Stafford County administrator, effective February 1, 2017. Doug Walker, deputy county executive, has been appointed interim executive effective that same date.
Steve Miner, Accomack County administrator since 2004, has announced his retirement from public service after 32 years, effective January 31, 2017, and his plans to join a private consulting firm.
Timothy Wilson, former town manager for South Boston, has been appointed Essex County administrator.
Sabrina Joy-Hogg, chief deputy city manager for Norfolk since 2011, has been appointed deputy city manager for Charlotte, NC.
Mike Mason, director of finance for Accomack County, has been appointed acting administrator effective February 1, 2017.