Jeff Parks of Performance Breakthroughs, Inc. will be back with us in Baltimore at the 2018 ICMA Annual Conference to deliver two ICMA University Workshops related to organizational excellence. Jeff has worked with almost all Northern Virginia local governments including Fairfax, Prince William, and Arlington Counties, the city of Alexandria, and the town of Vienna.
On Saturday, September 22, Jeff will facilitate Delivering Great Results from Your Vision and Strategic Plan. The workshop will be interactive with concepts embedded in simple graphics, samples of those concepts, assessments, small group discussions and exercises, and a serious focus on applying the learning back at your jurisdiction.
The session will cover:
- Delighting your customers (external AND internal);
- Cascading your vision and strategic plan throughout the organization;
- Maximizing team and individual performance (a model to plan for high performance and diagnose performance issues);
- Simplifying measurement and focusing on “measures that matter”.
On Sunday, September 23, Jeff will facilitate Shaping the Culture of Your Organization. This interactive workshop will discuss concepts embedded in simple graphics, samples of those concepts, assessments, small group discussions and exercises, and a serious focus on applying the learning back at your jurisdiction.
The session will cover:
- Focusing on the work of leadership (includes where they should spend their time);
- Bringing your values to life (embedding values in all HR functions to drive culture);
- Becoming an “engaging” organization (includes key “drivers” of engagement); and
- Leading and managing change (includes a simple chart to plan for/assess change efforts)
To be clear, neither the Saturday Strategy workshop nor the Sunday Culture workshop are planned to be “how-to” sessions for creating visions, strategic plans, or values.
Rather, they will look at the role of visions, strategic plans, and values in the context of organizational excellence. Participants will leave both workshops with specific ideas (and hopefully commitments) about how they will model, deploy, and maximize the implementation of their jurisdiction’s strategic direction.
Pre-registration is required for these ICMA University Workshops.
Need one more reason to join us? You can save the most money on your registration by registering on or August 23!