What have you done for the profession lately? ICMA offers several ways to contribute. The 2018 call for volunteers is open for committees, task forces, advisory boards, coaching, mentoring, hosting, and more! Volunteers are the real heart of any organization: their passion, energy, and effort can change an organization for the better. Volunteers can make a difference!
What Makes a Good Volunteer?
Anyone can be a volunteer – from senior executives to mid-career professionals to students – but a good volunteer exemplifies key characteristics that make them truly impactful.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and eager to learn?
- Willing to share what you know?
- Ready to lend your time and fresh perspectives to help enhance ICMA?
- Faithful to your commitment to serve?
- Passionate about the profession?
What Are the Benefits of Volunteering?
There are many opportunities to volunteer for a variety of activities. As you decide where you want to share your most precious commodity – TIME – consider the following benefits.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Gain a feeling of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment.
- Demonstrate your commitment to ICMA’s mission.
- Share your expertise with fellow members of the ICMA community.
- Develop and strengthen your relationships within your professional community.
- Increase your knowledge and hone your skills through participation in a broad range of ICMA activities.
- Implement a skill set not applied in your current job position.
- Give back to a profession that has served you well.
Learn more about the 2018 volunteer initiatives and start looking for the right opportunity to make a difference today!
Questions? Contact Member & Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.