Brownfields 2017 is the premier conference for those looking to revitalize their community, spur local economic growth, restore the environment, and protect the public health.
Help frame and support the conference educational and training programs by proposing ideas for town hall sessions (60 minutes), roundtable sessions (60 minutes), and learning lounge sessions (30 minutes). Other session formats include lunch talk sessions (45 minutes) and panel sessions (60 minutes).
Calling All Experts: Pre-conference Training Workshops added to Brownfields 2017
The 2017 conference offers the opportunity for subject-matter experts to submit proposals for a limited number of training workshops designed to help participants elevate and enrich their skills and knowledge in practitioner-oriented adult learning workshops.
All pre-conference training workshops will be held December 4, 2017.
Ideas should be educational, noncommercial, provide value to a wide-ranging group of conference attendees, and must relate to one or more of the tracks found below. All submissions will be reviewed and submitters will be notified by e-mail whether a proposal is selected for inclusion in the conference program. Note that an idea submittal does not guarantee selection. This call is open to ICMA members and nonmembers. Direct questions to email@example.com.
1. Visit brownfields2017.org/education/callforideas and click the Call for Ideas submission button.
2. If new to the submission site, create an account and complete your session submission. If you have visited the site previously, enter your username and password to sign into your account.
3. Propose a session title.
4. Select the educational track that best describes your session idea.
5. Choose a session format.
6. Enter a summary of your session (1,500 characters or less).
7. Provide details on your audience (100 characters or less).
8. Provide potential speaker credentials.
9. Review and submit your session. You must submit a separate proposal for each session you would like to be considered.
♦ All ideas must be submitted by March 17, 2017.
♦ Questions? email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideas for all sessions must fall within the context of the following tracks developed by the 2017 Conference Planning Committee:
Track 1: How Do We Design Healthy, Resilient, and Sustainable Communities?
Track 2: Is There a Greener Path?
Track 3: How Do We Leverage Financing to Spur Brownfields Redevelopment and Community Economic Development?
Track 4: What’s Your Community’s Reuse Success Story?
Track 5: What in the World?
Track 6: Are We Engaging the Local Community?
Track 7: Can We Forge a New Era of State, Tribal, and Local Partnerships?
Track 8: How Do We Address Liability, Enforcement, and Technical Considerations?
Visit brownfields2017.org/education/callforideas to learn more details about each track and the session formats.