Scholarship includes complimentary conference registration as well as a travel stipend to cover some of the lodging and transportation expenses related to attendance at the 2017 ICMA Annual Conference, October 22-25, in San Antonio, Texas.
Applicants for the 2017 Cal-ICMA Scholarship to the ICMA Annual Conference must be:
- An affiliate, student, or full member of ICMA in good standing
- A first time ICMA Annual Conference attendee
- Employed in a local government staff position
Annual conference participants will attend keynote sessions, educational and Solution Track sessions, roundtable discussions, ICMA University workshops and forums, field demonstrations and numerous demonstrations of technology applications. Learn about the new innovative ideas and practical strategies to deal with the challenges facing local governments today. ICMA’s Annual Conference is a premier educational and networking opportunity.
The Cal-ICMA 2017 ICMA Annual Conference Scholarship includes complimentary conference registration as well as a travel stipend to cover some of the lodging and transportation expenses related to attendance at the conference. The 2017 ICMA Annual Conference will be held October 22-25 in San Antonio, TX. The travel stipend will be provided on a reimbursable basis upon submittal of receipts for actual expenses paid.
- 1st Place Winner: Complimentary Conference Registration plus $1,000 travel stipend
- 2nd Place Winner: Complimentary Conference Registration plus $700 travel stipend
- 3rd Place Winner: Complimentary Conference Registration plus $300 travel stipend
Receipts must be submitted to Cal-ICMA to receive reimbursement toward the travel stipend. For more information about the 2017 ICMA Annual Conference click here. If you have questions about the scholarship application process you may email Denise Rose, Cal-ICMA Education and Professional Development Committee Member at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners of the Cal-ICMA 2017 ICMA Conference Scholarship will be required to:
1) Commit to attend a majority of the 2017 ICMA Conference
2) Post 2-3 social media posts during the event about their experience using the ICMA Conference hashtag and mentioning the Cal-ICMA Twitter handle in their posts (@Cal_ICMA)
3) Write a brief blog post for the Cal-ICMA Newsletter regarding their experience at the event (due in mid-November 2017)
4) Participate on the Cal-ICMA Scholarship Committee to help pick the next scholarship winners