On September 19 at the annual League of Nebraska Municipalities conference, the Nebraska City/County Management Association (NCMA) met to elect the new officers for the 2019-2020 year. Outgoing President Al Vacanti from Wisner expressed his gratitude to the members and wished all the best in the future. Al Vacanti will be retiring from city administration on September 26. Upon presentation of the slate of candidates, the membership voted in the following:
- Nathan Johnson (Scottsbluff) – President
- Michael Holton (Plainview) – President Elect for 2020-2021
- Jeff Hofaker (Sutton) – Vice-President
- Amber Powers (Papillion) – Secretary/Treasurer
- Chris Anderson (Central City) – Office of Past-President with Al Vacanti retiring
The purpose of the Nebraska City Management Association is to promote the proficiency of professional city administrators and to strengthen the quality of urban and rural government by promoting professional city management. Its services, programs and publications are guided by these NCMA goals.