Join us for the 2018 VLGMA Summer Conference June 20-22 at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel! This conference continues and builds off of our amazing winter conference with the theme: “The Doctor is In: Facilitating Healing and Growth in the Midst of Conflict and Controversy.” Our focus is on how we, as managers, can be agents of reconciliation and relationship-building in our organizations, communities and world.
- Deborah Roberts will lead a pre-conference workshop, “Courage: Strategies for Stability Amid Chaos” that you do not want to miss! She will share how we can proactively employ strategies for success despite the odds.
- Dr. Blue Wooldridge of the National Academy of Public Administration and VCU’ Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs will share insights into what creates perceptions of inequality and injustice and how managers can influence reform and healing and reduce the possibility of conflict.
- Stephanie Davis of Virginia Tech will present findings from her research into the benefits, barriers and considerations around regional collaborations in Virginia.
- A panel of experienced retired and active managers will share frank lessons learned from their successes (and, perhaps, failures) dealing with community conflicts.
- Speed coaching and Roundtables are back!
- Jeff Mincks, Chesterfield County Attorney, will present “How Elected Officials Think,” an illuminating and engaging session based on true stories.
- Ken McFadyen, President of the Virginia Economic Developers Association, will speak to localities’ perspectives on economic development and changes at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership as well as General Assembly items.
- And something new…come ready to compete in our first ever Paint Night! Enjoy an evening of food, music, fellowship and creative expression!
The conference schedule and registration materials are bewow. Join us for a time of focused learning, networking and much needed recharging!
Bret Schardein and David Moorman, Conference Co-Chairs