1. How do I attend the virtual conference?
Registration for the Virtual Conference is now open. First, you register for the virtual conference here. You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration. Within one week prior to the start of the conference, you will receive another e-mail providing access to a launch page, which will contain everything you need to attend each virtual session.
2. How can I ensure my computer is ready for the virtual conference?
For the best viewing experience, a minimum of a 56k modem connection is required, along with a broadband network connection. We recommend using Adobe Flash and the associated technologies listed below.
- Operating System: Windows Windows XP or newer
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
- Intel® Pentium® III 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- 128MB of RAM.
- Hardware: An Intel Based Mac
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.6 and above
- Browser: Sarafi 4 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.4 and above, Google Chrome
- iOS version 5 or greater
- Android version 3 or greater
The Adobe Flash plug-in or a HTML5 compatible browser/device:
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- 128MB of RAM.
How do I verify Flash is installed?
Verify your installation by visiting the Flash installation page.
What Flash self-help support options are available?
Adobe offers a full Flash support center on its site where you can search threads, ask questions, and get answers to all your Flash-related needs. Click here to visit the Adobe Flash support center.
What if I don't or can't have Flash installed on my system/device?
INXPO delivers live webcasts in both Flash and HTML5, so no Flash plug-in is required with an HTML5-compatible browser/device
Is my browser HTML5 compatible?
Due to the complex nature of HTML5 support, please visit this page to confirm your browser's HTML5 video and audio compatibility. H.264 video and AAC audio must be supported.
A computer with speakers is required.
Make sure you meet these system requirements ahead of time: and you will have no problem accessing the virtual conference.
3. When does the virtual conference take place?
The virtual conference runs from Sunday, September 23, at 3:00 p.m. Eastern until Wednesday, September 26, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern. Keynote presentations for can be viewed up to 6 months days after they are posted (3 months for Doris Kearns Goodwin). The educational sessions will be archived and available for one full year.
4. What happens during the virtual conference?
You can join in the live streaming of any session by following the schedule above. During each live educational session, you will have an opportunity to ask questions of the presenter via an interactive chat box. Additionally, you will be able to hear questions asked by your peers.
At any point during the 4-day event, you can join live sessions and keynote presentations, and hear from various ICMA staff and members about exciting new projects ahead.
Archives will be available within 48 hours of the live event.
New in 2018: Extended viewing time for keynote speakers (up to 6 months).
5. How can I view concurrent events?
Hoping to catch two events that are taking place at the same time? Can’t make it to an event you were really looking forward to? Not to worry, since each live event will be available on demand within 48 hours following its go live time. You may choose one event per time slot to view live.
6. What happens if I miss an event? When can I view it?
See question 5.
7. What happens if I am late accessing an event that has started?
You are welcome to log in to each event at any time. There will not be a cut-off time if you come in late. Also, you will have access to each live program on demand 5 days following each event’s go live time, so you can view any portion of the presentation you may have missed!
8. Will the virtual conference be archived?
Videos and audio sessions will be archived and available for repeated viewings as many times as you like for one year. (Keynotes are available for 3 to 6 months following the live event.)
9. Already attending the conference in Baltimore?
Great, we're excited to see you! Registering for virtual conference will allow you to share the experience with your staff when you return. Make sure you add on virtual conference during your registration process and save off of the regular price!
10. Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Cancellation requests must be in writing! Virtual Conference registration cancellations will be accepted through Friday, September 14. No cancellations will be accepted after Friday, September 14. Address all cancellations to: ICMA Attention: Customer Services 777 North Capitol Street, NE Suite 500 Washington, D.C. 20002-4201 Fax: (202) 962-3678 Email: email@example.com
11. Questions about your payment, invoice, and billing?
For answers to questions about your payment, invoice, and billing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.