Booking Your Conference Hotel Room
- Hotel reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis by Experient beginning at 12 Noon EDT on Wednesday, June 6. Do NOT contact the hotels directly.
- For best availability and immediate confirmation, make your reservation via Experient’s online registration system (which you will be able to access via a link from this page starting June 6) or by telephone.
- Reservations must be received by August 24 to guarantee conference rates. Higher rates may exist after that time.
- Reservations must be accompanied by a credit card valid through September 2018 to serve as a guarantee.
- Reservations may be changed (based on availability) until August 24 without penalty.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty of one night’s room and tax.
- Special requests are not guaranteed. Hotels will assign specific room types upon check-in based on availability.
- All rates are subject to state and local taxes (currently 15.5% per night) and include a rebate to cover housing and other conference costs.
- ICMA’s conference hotel block offers a range of options in terms of proximity, affordability, and style in order to meet a variety of attendee needs and preferences.
- All conference hotels are located in Baltimore’s downtown Inner Harbor area and are within walking distance of the Baltimore Convention Center, which is the primary location for most conference events. A number of meetings, special events, and the Monday evening state/alumni/affiliate receptions will take place at the Hilton Baltimore hotel. Consult the final conference program for details and instructions concerning transportation for evening social events.
- All hotels are non-smoking and have fitness/exercise rooms. Guest rooms have free WiFi access, coffee makers, hairdryers, and iron/ironing boards.
Headquarters (Executive Board) hotel connected to the convention center by skybridge and adjacent to Orioles Park at Camden Yards. Guest rooms feature Hilton Serenity Collection™ bedding and bath experience with Suite Dreams® plush-top mattress, down duvet and pillows, and exclusive Crabtree & Evelyn® La Source bath amenities. >> Rate: $229 single/double
Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Located on the west side of the Inner Harbor/downtown area with easy access to all major highways and BWI airport, across the street from Orioles Park at Camden Yards, one block from the convention center, and five blocks from the Inner Harbor. The hotel features a restaurant with bar/lounge and room service (limited hours). >> Rate: $219 single/double
Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Located three blocks from the Inner Harbor, two blocks from Camden Yards, and one block from the convention center, the hotel features the full-service Harbor Grill and Lounge. Guest room amenities include refrigerators and microwaves. >> Rate: $155 single/double
Delta Hotels by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
Recently renovated hotel in an historic building where references to Baltimore’s beloved landmarks and most celebrated author, Edgar Allan Poe, are woven into the interior design. Within walking distance to the convention center and Inner Harbor attractions. Guest room amenities include smart TVs for personal device streaming, free WiFi upgraded to a super-fast speed of 1Gbps, complimentary bottled waters, and luxurious towels and bedding. The TellTale restaurant offers Maryland-inspired fare, local craft beers, and bourbon cocktails. >> Rate: $159 single/double
Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center
Located two blocks from the convention center, the hotel features free hot breakfast and an indoor heated pool. Guest room amenities include microwaves, refrigerators, work desks, and flat-panel, high-definition televisions. >> Rate: $165 single/double
Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor
Located three blocks from the Inner Harbor attractions and across from Orioles Park at Camden Yards and the convention center, the hotel features an indoor pool and dry sauna, the Eden West restaurant, and Pappas Sports Bar. Guest rooms amenities include refrigerators and microwaves. >> Rate: $166 single/double
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
An urban-inspired hotel located on the Inner Harbor waterfront and connected by skywalk to the convention center. Amenities include Hyatt Grand Beds® topped with plush duvets and pillows, and creative local cuisine and a trendy vibe at Bistro 300. >> Rate: $185 single/double
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore
Boutique hotel located three blocks from the convention center and the Inner Harbor waterfront in an ornate Beaux-Arts building that once housed the historic B&O Railroad Headquarters. Amenities include in-room yoga mats, free bikes, spa services delivered to your room, hosted evening wine hour, and the B&O American Brasserie. >> Rate: $219 single/double
Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace
AAA Four Diamond hotel adjacent to the Gallery at Harborplace on the Inner Harbor waterfront, three blocks from the convention center and across the street from the World Trade Center. Amenities include a rooftop patio, an indoor heated pool and sauna, and the gourmet Windows Restaurant. >> Rate: $208 single/double
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Recently renovated AAA Four Diamond hotel with rich architectural elements and furnishings overlooking the Inner Harbor waterfront. Amenities include an indoor swimming pool with lap lane, whirlpool and dry sauna, racquetball and tennis courts, and the Explorers restaurant. >> Rate: $219 single/double
Sheraton Inner Harbor
Connected to the convention center by skywalk and located one block from the Inner Harbor. Amenities include the Orioles Grille and Morton's Steakhouse. Pet friendly. >> Rate: $228 single/double
Room Block Size, Distance, and Parking Fees
|Map Code||Hotel||No. of ICMA Rooms||Distance from Baltimore Convention Center||Daily parking (subject to change)|
|1||Hilton Baltimore||650||Across the street, connected by skywalk||Self: $33; Valet: $43|
|2||Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards||300||1 block||Self only: $30|
|3||Days Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor||100||1 block||Self only: $30|
|4||Delta Hotels Baltimore Inner Harbor||50||2 blocks||Self only: $40|
|5||Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center||50||2 blocks||Self only: $38|
|6||Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor||250||1 block||Self only: $28|
|7||Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor||300||1 block, connected by skywalk||Self: $30; Valet: $42|
|8||Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore||65||3 blocks||Valet only: $40|
|9||Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace||250||3 blocks||Self: $33; Valet: $43|
|10||Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore||75||4 blocks||Self: $24; Valet: $39|
|11||Sheraton Inner Harbor||225||1 block, connected by skywalk||Self: $23; Valet: $35|
Travel to Baltimore
If you need personal attention in booking your travel, you may contact ICMA’s travel agency, EWA Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the meeting name: ICMA Annual Conference. Please note that EWA does NOT handle hotel reservations for the conference.
Advantages to booking your room through Experient
ICMA secures room blocks at several hotels to meet a variety of conference attendee tastes and budgets. ICMA’s official housing company, Experient, is solely authorized to coordinate hotel reservations for the conference. By booking a hotel room through Experient, you receive:
- immediate email acknowledgement of your hotel assignment,
- a guaranteed room reservation at an “official” ICMA conference hotel, and
- access to Experient’s customer service representatives for help with your reservation.
When attendees reserve rooms at hotels that are NOT within the official hotel block, ICMA is:
- unable to assist when a reservation cannot be located in a hotel’s system,
- unable to protect reservation when a hotel “oversells” its room inventory, and
- exposed to penalties for not fulfilling contractual room block commitments. By avoiding such penalties, ICMA is able to keep conference costs down.
Note: There are unethical third-party companies that misrepresent themselves by claiming to be an event’s official housing provider and profit by booking registrants outside the official room block. Experient is the only company authorized to coordinate hotel reservations for ICMA.