Web Workshops are a great way to provide training for your entire staff without having to travel. Many local governments are taking advantage of ICMA University's cost-effective Web conferences and Web Workshops have been developed to provide regular skill-building training sessions for your entire staff without incurring travel costs. These Web Workshops focus on specific management/leadership topics that are important to local government and are ideal for in-service training, management skills refresher and orienting staff, managers, board members, and elected officials to critical aspects of managing in local government. Web Workshop leaders will include local government officials, consultants, and ICMA subject matter experts.
About ICMA University Web Workshops
Learning in the Comfort and Convenience of Your Own Office
ICMA University Web Workshops —Training without the Travel! Affordable, accessible, professional development designed to meet the specific needs of local government professionals delivered to your entire staff via the internet. With our new Web Workshops, you’ll get the same high quality content as our onsite workshops.
FEE: $395 ICMA MEMBERS; $595 NON MEMBERS
There is no limit to the number of staff from your office who can participate in this two-hour workshop by gathering in a training room at your location. One registration fee of $395 (ICMA members) or $595 (nonmembers) gives you an access code for one phone line and the URL to view the PowerPoint presentation.
Workshops to Go delivered by the experts from ICMA University. Get ready for learning in a whole new way!
- No travel time and expense!
- Training at your office in your conference room
- Cost effective: Train groups of employees on the same topic at the same time
- Advance employee skills and knowledge and create a motivated and skilled workforce!
- Bridge knowledge gaps and maintain a competitive edge
An ICMA Web Workshop is a workshop transmitted over the web. Key features of Web Workshops are
- Interactive: give, receive and communicate information.
- Live: participants are able to ask the instructor questions and get answers in real time
- The instructor can conduct polls and ask questions.
- 2-4 hours of content with continuous live chat
- Downloadable handout materials: Participants will receive workshop materials by e-mail prior to the workshop and view the instructor’s PowerPoint slides during the workshop.
- If an ICMA text is used; one copy of the text is provided to each site registered. Additional copies can be purchased at 20 percent off for 5 or more copies.
Customization: We can customize any ICMA U workshop for Web training for your local government or organization, for an additional fee; contact email@example.com for additional information.
- View summaries of recent Web Workshops.
- To subscribe to receive ICMA’s free monthly e-Newsletters with information on upcoming events. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure you get email notification of new Web Workshops planned, be sure to select that you want information on conferences on your "preferences" page at icma.org. If you aren't registered at the website, you can register here.
- Want to present at or sponsor an ICMA Web conference or Web Workshop? Send a brief e-mail stating the event and your background.
The calendar for Web Workshops is continually updated, as we add more of these each month. To ensure you get email notification of new Web Workshops planned, be sure to select that you want information on conferences on your "preferences" page at icma.org. If you aren't registered at the website, you can register here.