- Evaluating the Role of Local Government and Project Stakeholder Engagement in Choice Neighborhoods Transformation Planning and Implementation -- This report covers a three year study done on three smaller cities (Salisbury, North Carolina, Suffolk, Virginia, and Norfolk, Virginia) that received funding from the Choice Neighborhoods Program.
- Enhancing Local Government Public Service in the Digital Age -- A joint ICMA and City of Philadelphia report highlights innovative local government uses of 311/CRM systems.
- National Study of Public Health Shared Administrative Services -- With financial support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation through the Center for Sharing Public Health Services (CSPHS) at the Kansas Health Institute, ICMA conducted a national study of the types of shared services arrangements for administrative services that exist among local government public health offices.
- Advancing Social Equity Goals to Achieve Sustainability -- With a two year grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, ICMA and Arizona State University studied local governments that have prioritized social equity strategies as part of their approach for creating more sustainable communities.
- GIS Guide for Elected Officials -- A joint Esri-ICMA publication helps executives and elected officials learn how GIS technology is being used by governments across North America.
- Asset-Based Economic Development Briefing Papers -- This six-part series of briefing papers explores asset-based economic development focusing on how small towns and rural communities can build on their natural and working landscapes, local institutions, existing infrastructure, historic and cultural resources, industry clusters, and human capital.
- Defying the Odds: Sustainability in Small and Rural Places -- This briefing paper offers short case studies and lessons derived from a minority of small communities who made strides protecting the environment despite the odds against them.
- Solar Energy Case Studies -- As part of the SunShot Solar OPS project, ICMA has developed several case studies of leading practice "solar" communities available on the solaroutreach.org website.
ICMA produces many survey-based data reports on topics important to effective local government management, with several focused on sustainability issue areas.
For more information on ICMA's other survey research work, you can access summaries of recent efforts for free on ICMA's Survey Research web pages. You can purchase the raw data from ICMA's survey work, through the ICMA Bookstore.
ICMA's Bookstore offers many publications for sale that are developed without the benefit of an underwriting sponsor.
Check out the Knowledge Network for plans, articles, case studies, model ordinances, policies, and more on the topics associatd with sustainability.