about the NCS
Building upon years of research on citizen surveys and community livability, ICMA and the National Research Center, Inc. are proud to present The National Citizen Survey™ (The NCS).
The NCS begins with a customizable survey of questions relevant to your community. The survey measures public opinion in eight key areas of community livability. In each domain, residents report their perceptions about the quality of their community and related services, as well as their own engagement within the community.
The NCS includes:
- Multiple reports to communicate results in a way that enables every audience – staff, elected officials, business owners, and residents – to quickly find the information they need and want
- Surveys completed by a representative cross-section of the population
- Multiple contacts with residents to ensure adequate response rates
- Benchmarking to compare local results to those of similar communities
- Customized questions and reporting options to address specific needs