Join your county colleagues for a high energy exchange of ideas on county management issues.
Join us for this traditional exchange of ideas,challenges, and solutions at the ICMA Annual Conference.
NACA / National Association of County Administrators Idea Exchange
Sunday, September 22; 12:45-2:45 p.m., (Hynes Convention Center, Room 206)
The National Association of County Administrators will host an idea exchange--an informal roundtable discussion for county administrators to discuss issues that are important to county governance.
TOPICS PROPOSED FOR DISCUSSION
- Fiscal Neutrality (Randall Reid, Sarasota County, FL / via NACA-NACo Listserv)
- Process improvement (i.e. has your organization participated in any process improvement effort either through internal review or with help from an external consultant or facilitator (Mary Furtado, Catawba County, NC)
- Affordable care act; tax implications; wellness programs, financial incentives for participating in wellness programs (Pete Austin, McHenry County, IL; Shannon Flanagan-Watson, Arlington County, VA; Jeff Greene, El Paso County, CO)
- IT Enterprise Fund in Cumberland County; any other community examples? (Peter Crichton, Cumberland County, ME)
- Public sector role in extension of internet cable (Peter Austin, McHenry County, IL)
- Shared / regional services – success factors, examples of positive community outcomes
- Successful strategies for drawing the private sector into community redevelopment efforts – how have you secured private sector “skin in the game”?
- Succession planning in preparation for the “silver tsunami” of baby boom retirements and / or institutional knowledge capture strategies to ensure organizational continuity when key staff members leave
- Diffusing community incivility – discussion of successful techniques / tactics / local governments’ role