Beginning January 14, visitors will notice a few modifications to icma.org. These changes are intended to improve the website visitor experience, encourage engagement with the content and ICMA partners, and provide easy access to featured initiatives.
Here are some highlights:
- Quick Links: Available in the upper right corner, the quick links provide easy access to membership tools and resources, the ICMA Annual Conference, and the Knowledge Network from anywhere on the site.
- Homepage Navigation: New categories have been assigned to feature ICMA partners (Strategic Partners and other affiliate programs), the Career Network, and news and events.
- Featured Programs: Direct access to featured programs from the homepage, ICMA's 100th Anniversary, and Life, Well Run.
- Advertising: Three ad units will appear on the homepage and two ads will be visible on the news articles and events pages.
- Knowledge Network: Questions and answers have been moved to the middle column of the homepage, where visitors will see more information related to the discussions.
- Twitter: Added to the right side of the homepage and other internal pages throughout the site, allowing readers to stay up to date on the latest news in #localgov.
This is the first phase of simplifying the ICMA website. Modifications will continue to be made based on website navigation best practices, content standardization, and creative design enhancements.