Call to Serve! Which Committee Will You Support?
Committees draw on the skills and interests of a broad cross-section of the ICMA membership to study issues of interest and importance to the organization or to local government in general. They also provide an opportunity for member connection and networking.
We hope you'll consider lending your time and talent to one of the following groups:
- Advisory Board on Graduate Education
- Local Government Excellence Awards Committee
- 2016 Annual Conference Evaluation Committee
- 2017 Annual Conference Planning Committee
- Governmental Affairs and Policy Committee
- ICMA Welcome Ambassadors
- International Committee
- Digital Strategies Advisory Group
- Sustainable Communities Advisory Committee
- Task Force to Update the Acting Manager Handbook
Full descriptions of each group can be found here.
Task Force/Committee Member Roles, Expectations, and Responsibilities
Committee volunteers commit to:
- Participate actively in the committee by attending at least one committee meeting per year and letting the chair know if you are not able to attend any meetings. (Members must participate in order to remain on the committee.)
- Follow through on assigned tasks by meeting deadlines, returning phone calls, responding to requests for input via e-mail, etc.
- Respect the opinions of other committee members and the role of the committee chair to build consensus on the specified task.
- Represent the committee to assistants' and managers' associations in your area by attending state or national association meetings, making brief presentations, or writing articles about the committee's work for state or national association newsletters.