- Book Your Hotel Room Now!
- Online is Open
Venue Details: Omni Grove Park Inn
Booking code: 031015ICMASOUTH
or call 1-800-438-5800
ICMA Room Rate: $159.00
Hotel Cut-off: February 8, 2015
Questions? Contact Felicia Littky at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-962-3656
Become a member of ICMA
Learn more about joining ICMA.
Learn more about ICMA membership and benefits.
The ICMA University presents this Institute as a special two day offering to Emerging Professionals, on the Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning preceding the ICMA Summits in the Southeast, Northeast, Midwest, Mountain Plains and West Coast Regions. Managers are encouraged to invite early career professionals and emerging leaders to attend this leadership institute.
- Wednesday, 1:30-5:00 PM - ICMA University Workshop
- Thursday: Conversation with Bob O'Neill, executive director, ICMA
- Thursday: Work session with ICMA-RC: Join the conversation with ICMA-RC professionals about how to make smart financial decisions now that will let you Lean In.
ICMA University Workshop
Foundational Skills: Moving from Employee to Supervisor and Leadership
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more,
do more and become more, you are a leader.”
— John Quincy Adams
Whether you have been a supervisor for a while or are hoping to become a supervisor in the near future this workshop will give you the skills and understanding of what it takes to be an effective supervisor.
As a result of attending this workshop you will:
- Better understand the major responsibilities of a supervisor
- Be more comfortable with the challenge of transitioning from peer for boss, especially if you are a new supervisor
- Know the value of delegation to your supervisory success and how to be an effective delegator
- Be familiar with the characteristics of a successful supervisor
- Be familiar with current thinking about leadership and why it matters to you as a supervisor
- Know the primary sources of influence and how they affect your leadership success
- Gain a broader view of practices that will improve your leadership capacity
- Know what steps you can take to become a stronger supervisory leader
Workshop Leader: Felicia Logan, director of leadership development, ICMA
Addresses Practice 2: Staff Effectiveness of the ICMA Practices for Effective Local Government Management
This event is made possible through generous support from our partner, ICMA-RC