This year's Regional Summit is combined with the Wisconsin City/County Management Association (WCMA) Winter Professional Development Conference. Full program details are available here.
Thursday, March 3 - Friday, March 4, 2016
The Emerging Professionals Leadership Institute precedes each regional summit. Managers are encouraged to invite early career professionals and emerging leaders to attend this leadership institute.
Workshops and special sessions
Adding Meaning and Value to Data Through Story
(For those attending Full WCMA/Summit combo beginning on Wednesday Afternoon)
- A skill-building session designed to help you be more effective and feel more comfortable when speaking to staff, groups of citizens or to elected officials about the work that you do and the issues that need to be addressed.
- Tools of effective public speaking such as understanding and connecting with the audience, choosing powerful words that have meaning, and practicing effective delivery methods will give you an understanding of the importance of not only what you say but how you say it.
- Tailored to the work that you do and situations specific to the class participants.
- Onsite coaching to identify what is working well and what could be done better will be an important part of this workshop.
finding and recruiting a diverse workforce
- Why is a diverse workforce so important? What benefit does it serve? In this session, the case will be made for the need to recruit for diversity with intentionality. Attendees will explore how to recruit talent that complements the existing organization. Additional topics will include creative strategies for finding talented candidates of color, successfully recruiting them, and then creating an environment and circumstances that make their success most likely.
- Workshop Leaders: Stan Davis, President, The Davis Group and Pat Martel, City Manager, City of Daly City, CA and ICMA President.
- Addresses Practice Groups: 9- Diversity and 12- Human Resource Management
THE ADVANTAGE FOR PROFESSIONAL MANAGERS
- As important as talent, knowledge, culture or innovation, Organizational Health provides the context for, and is the single greatest factor determining an organization’s success.
- Join your colleagues for a work session on the 4 disciplines of the Organizational Health Model featured in Lencioni’s book The Advantage. (It is highly recommend attendees read The Advantage in advance).
- Discipline 1: Build a cohesive team
- Discipline 2: Create clarity
- Discipline 3: Over-communicate clarity
- Discipline 4: Reinforce clarity
A Conversation with Felicia Logan and Bob O'Neill: Staff Meetings that Create Organizational Engagement
- If your staff meetings are dull and uninspiring, if your team members question the usefulness of meetings, or if you find yourself trying to avoid staff or team meetings, this session will provide you with specific skills to improve meetings and engagement inside your organization.
- Learn the four functions of meetings and five tips to create better meetings.
- Pre-reading of The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni is encouraged.
Rooms are available at the Madison Marriott West.
ICMA Room Rate
$82 (single)/$121 (double)
Reserve online: Madison Marriott West
Reserve by phone: 1-888-745-2032, indicate that you are attending the ICMA Midwest Regional Summit
January 31 | Hotel Special Rate Deadline
February 20 | Registration Deadline
February 21 | Registration Cancellation Deadline (cancellations received after this date will be charged a $50 fee)
Contact Felicia Littky at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-962-3656.
Become a member of ICMA
Learn more about joining ICMA.
Learn more about ICMA membership and benefits.
SUMMIT REGISTRATION AND OTHER FEES
This event is made possible through generous support from our partner, ICMA-RC.