Thursday, March 31-Friday, April 1, 2016
The Emerging Professionals Leadership Institute precedes each regional summit. Managers are encouraged to invite early career professionals and emerging leaders to attend this leadership institute.
Workshops and special sessions
You Have What it Takes to Be a Resilient Leader
Tools for the Balancing Act
- Exploring local government success criteria and understanding the psychological characteristics that define leaders.
- Workshop Leaders: David M. Limardi, ICMA Midwest Regional Director and Robert R. Kiely, Jr., City Manager, Lake Forest, IL
A Conversation with Felicia Logan and Bob O'Neill: Staff Meetings that Create Organizational Engagement
- If your staff meetings are dull and uninspiring, if your team members question the usefulness of meetings, or if you find yourself trying to avoid staff or team meetings, this session will provide you with specific skills to improve meetings and engagement inside your organization.
- Learn the four functions of meetings and five tips to create better meetings.
- Pre-reading of The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni is encouraged.
10:00am-1:00pm: Special Session! You Have What it Takes to Be a Resilient Leader- hosted by Women Leading Government (include lunch-separate registration is a MUST!)
1:00-1:30pm: Summit check-in
1:30-5:00pm: Summit Workshop
5:30-8:30pm: Reception (sponsored by ICMA-RC) and dinner (NOTE: in the NE the reception is at 5:45, but I think we’re fine putting it as 5:30 if we put this up on the main page)
8:15am-12:00pm: Regional Summit concludes-“A Conversation with Felicia Logan & Bob O’Neill: Staff Meetings That Create Organizational Engagement” followed by ICMA regional business meeting
Rooms at the group rate are sold out at the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District (Summit Location). Rooms are still available and at the Doubletree Savannah Historic District. Summit events will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn.
ICMA Room Rate
Doubletree Savannah Historic District - $229
Reserve online: Doubletree Savannah Historic District.
Reserve by phone: Indicate that you are attending the ICMA Southeast Regional Summit
Doubletree Savannah Historic District, 912-790-7000
March 9 | Hotel Special Rate Deadline
March 24 | Cancellation Deadline with $35 fee: Notice of cancellation or substitution must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Felicia Littky at email@example.com or call 202-962-3656.
Become a member of ICMA
Learn more about joining ICMA.
Learn more about ICMA membership and benefits.
SUMMIT REGISTRATION AND OTHER FEES
*Join the Mid-Career Managers Institute (MCMI): If you are a mid-career professional and want to engage in a focused course of study and connect w/others who are mid-career, this is a great time to register for the Mid-Career Institute. Read the full description and register for the MCMI here.
This event is made possible through generous support from our partner, ICMA-RC.