POSITION OPEN: CITY MANAGER -- City of Dillingham
Can you manage a growing city in Rural Alaska?
$12.1 million operating budget including $1.3 million in funding for schools. Manages 10 departments / ~52 full-time employees: Administration, City Clerk, Finance, Fire & EMS (volunteer), Library, Planning, Port, Public Safety, Public Works, and Senior Center. 1st Class City with Mayor and six member Council.
World-class Alaska hunting, fishing and recreation. Pop. 2,431 (ADOL, 2014; summer: ~5,000) in the heart of Bristol Bay.
- financial management skills
- good communicator and public relations skills
- strong leadership ability
- budget, grant, and capital project experience
- strong work ethic, action & goal-oriented, assertive
- conflict resolution and people skills
- ability to motivate others
- ability to learn and grow
- ability to build teams / supervisory experience
- familiarity with Bristol Bay and Rural Alaska preferred
- ability to develop direct reports and others
- ability to manage innovation
- professional city/government management experience helpful
Incumbent is retiring to be with grandkids after 4 years, 9 months tenure. Exceptional opportunity -- staff morale is high. Mayor and Council are excellent to work for.
Brochure/Additional Job Details
How to Apply
Send resume & maximum 150 word statement describing your most significant accomplishment in city management or management to: Dillingham City Manager Search c/o Tim Pearson, Pearson Consulting, email@example.com.
All applications subject to public disclosure. EOE.
Back to Search Results